Pollution, clogged pores, acne, premature ageing …the list could go on and on when it comes to skin problems many people are facing these days.
So if someone tells you there’s an easy way to get smoother, brighter and younger-looking skin without spending hundreds of pounds on facial treatments you would probably give it a go. Especially when everyone is talking about it. About small but mighty facial cleansing brushes.
Over the past years, Foreo Luna devices became the most south-after tool in the skincare world promising that all-day glow.
We tested their Luna mini 2 device – is it an essential tool in your skincare routine programme? Is it worth the price? Here’s our full review.
What is it:
Sonic facial cleansing brush designed to remove dirt, oil, makeup and dead skin from your face using T-sonic pulsations.
Unlike the original Luna that has multiple versions of the device designed to suit different skin types, Luna Mini 2 is suitable for all skin types.
How to use it:
Here’s a quick guide on how to use Luna facial cleansing brush:
- Dampen your face and apply a cleanser.
- Slightly wet the device and turn it on.
- Gently glide the brush in circular motions over your face for 1 minute. Choose the right touchpoint depending on your skin‘s need.
- Rinse and dry your face. Continue with your regular skincare routine as usual.
Luna Mini 2 works based on sonic pulsations which help to clean your skin by unclogging the pores and removing residual traces of makeup and impurities known to cause breakouts. Except cleansing your skin, that also helps to maximise the absorption of follow-on products such as toner serum and moisturiser.
The device pulsates every 15 seconds for a minute to signal when it’s time to move to a different area of your face which is quite handy.
It has various speed settings (8 to be exact) and three cleansing zones with different touchpoints. Front side features thin, finer touch points created for normal cleansing. It’s very gentle, similar to the Luna 2 for sensitive skin so it should suit all skin types including sensitive. At the top of the device, you can find broader touchpoints designed to target hard-to-reach areas such as around the nose. Finally, backside has thicker and bigger touchpoints ideal for in-depth cleansing, for example, oil-prone areas such as T-zone.
QUICK TIP: Although you can use cleaning brush twice a day as part of your morning and evening skincare routine, remember not to over-exfoliate your skin. It may leave your face looking fresh, but removing a natural protective layer of your skin is very demanding. Most skin types will benefit from using a cleansing brush once a day, ideally evening as it provides a good deep cleansing.
They claim the battery lasts for 300 uses from one full USB charge which is around 5 months if you use it twice a day. We haven’t counted the exact number of uses but it does last a very long time after changing.
The device costs £99 on Foreo website and most official retailers.
What impressed us:
Luna Mini 2 comes with quite a few positives:
- It leaves skin soft and smooth after cleansing
- Very gentle – it doesn’t feel like you are over-scrubbing your face
- Fast – it takes a minute and the timer signals when is done
- Made of silicone which is non-porous, hypoallergenic and more hygienic than nylon bristle brushes (they build-up bacteria more easily)
- Suitable for all skin types
- Long battery life/rechargeable
- It comes in 5 different colours – not so important but a nice feature
What disappointed us:
To be fair, we can’t find many negatives but have to mention a couple of things you should consider.
- Size – it feels a bit small in your hand compared to full-sized Luna 2 or 3, however, that can be really handy if travelling
If you want to splurge on your skincare routine, Foreo Luna Mini 2 is a great little tool to add to your collection. Small, but might it’s worth the investment.
QUICK TIP: Luna Mini 2 is pretty much the same as Luna Mini 3 which is more expensive. If you don’t care about a few tech features (quick cleansing mode, app updates) that a newer device has, stick to the Luna Mini 2 and save money
Editor’s note: All images are taken by FTG Magazine.