Summer makeup should be described with a few simple words – simple, lightweight and fuss-free. You want a look you can wear from sunrise to sunset, bold yet subtle.
Well, this makeup trend might speak to you then. Not only it is a go-to summer makeup for makeup artist and influencers, but a beauty look that works wonderfully for all skin tones.
Sun-kissed eye makeup
What is this sun-kissed makeup about, you wonder? Think summer-ready spectrum of earthy tones with a twist – from the matte bronze and muted neutrals to the bright orange and peachy pink. A sun-soaked look is focused on a natural glow while highlighting the eyes, lips and cheeks in monochromatic shades.
Which brings us to the next pro tip – invest in a multitasking makeup stick. A simple little tool for a for maximum colour impact; perfect for sculpting the cheekbones, adding a pop of colour eyelids and making your lips instantly plumper without trying too much.
Get the look
We cannot highlight enough how important is a regular skincare routine for any beauty look. Healthy, hydrated skin is the best base for makeup, especially a summer one. So how to get that healthy summer glow no matter the heat? These are the steps you should follow:
- Prep your skin with sunscreen and a hydrating primer.
- Next, use a light foundation or tinted moisturizer, or ideally, only a concealer to cover dark spots and under the eyes area.
- To achieve the look, go for similar colours all over for a full-face glow. If it sounds daunting, try translucent shine – you can never go too much with sheer blush pink or peach. Alternatively, simplify your makeup regime by using a multi-purpose cream stick for both your lips, cheeks and eyes.
- If you want to make things even more easier, forget about the bronzer. Highlighter will do the trick as well. Apply it on the inner corner of the eyes, cheekbones, bridge of the nose and brow bone.
- Finish off with two coats of mascara and a setting spray.