The cold weather has already arrived, and you want nothing else than up your comfort level hoping your out-and-about look still look as chic as it did this summer. As the temperatures drop, seasonal style gets more layered and possibly more stylish too. Wondering how? Take a look.
How to make your autumnal style look put together?
A style that is functional yet sophisticated is the key of autumn/winter dressing. You still want to have fun with your wardroble, but feel comfy and warm enough. In order to do so, we should go back to basics.
Autumn style basics
This season, master the art of autumnal dressing with key most-wanted pieces you can style day-to-night. Those are usually essentials worth investing such as cold-proof outerwear or cosy knitwear. Right bow, high-quality camel coat, matching suit, denim and soft sweaters are on every stylish girl’s radar.
Colours and prints
Colours are more than welcome this season, but if it’s up to the stylish Insta fashionistas, they come in muted tones such as beige, burgundy, grey and navy mixed with winter pastels. “Go big or go home” rule applies to prints though; a head-to-toe patterned suit or eye-catching coat will make an unexpected statement. Luckily for those who are not feeling confident enough, tartan, plaid and dark florals are leading the way.
Accessories & Jewellery
Don’t forget about seriously chic accessories too – think moc croc bags, knee-high boots or western-style ankle boots, simple gold jewels, headbands and hair accessories as the season’s leading trends. If you don’t go over the top in tems of embelishments, you can wear these styles the next few seasons and make your closet last for the sake of your waller and the environment.
Deciding what to wear is not always the easiest task, but these fashionistas have a few style tips up their sleeves…
1. Tone down your pastels with neutral colours
2. Want to play with prints? Matchy-matchy is a way to go
3. Cosy knitwear is a must
4. Same as faux leather
5. Head-to-toe denim is a fail-safe weekend style option
6. While the tailored blazer makes a perfect workwear statement
7. Elegant metallics for pre-holiday season
8. And white footwear to brighten up your style
9. A classic plaid suit is a workwear must
10. And 50 shades of beige
12. Tartan as the season’s biggest print trend
13. Velvet suit is the ultimate office-to-party staple
14. Wear your little white dress all year long with layers
15. Going oversized is always an option
16. Give your spring pastel suit an autumnal spin
17. Don’t forget about the winter whites
18. Western-style boots aren’t going anythere
19. Menswear-inspired blazer makes the perfect balance between bold and chic
20. Croc-effect bags add a hig-fashion touch to your look
21. As well as hairbands
Editor’s note: Feature image via Allesio Cesario